15 Places Where You Can Still Use Your Old Rs.500 Notes!
It was earlier announced by the Central Government that the old notes will not be accepted at any place after November 24. But, they made some exemptions, and according to the amended rule, you can still exchange your old Rs.500 notes till December 15 at some places. If anyone of you holds old Rs.500 notes, do not wait to use them at the below-listed places at the earliest.
Use your old Rs.500 note at the below-mentioned places on or before December 15, 2016
- One can use old Rs.500 notes at Toll Plaza from December 3rd to December 15th of this month.
- You can buy your LPG gas using your old Rs.500 note.
- All petrol bunks are still accepting the old Rs.500 notes. Get your petrol tank full!
- All railway counters, metro rails, and railway catering are accepting old Rs.500 notes.
- Pay your electricity bill or water bill using Rs.500 notes.
- Pay your bills at government hospitals with your old notes.
- All public transport will accept old notes until December 15. You can buy your airline tickets too.
- One can pay school fees up to Rs.2000 in Central Government, State Government, Municipality and other local body schools. Fees can also be paid with your old notes in Central/State Government colleges.
- Milk booths, consumer cooperative stores do accept old notes. You can purchase goods from consumer cooperative stores up to a limit of Rs.5000.
- Use your old notes to pay any tax, court fees or penalties till December 15.
- Recharge your mobile using old notes. The limit is Rs.500.
- You can buy medicines from pharmacies, provided it should be prescribed by a doctor.
- If you are a foreigner, you can exchange up to Rs.5000 per week, provided the essential entries will be made on the passport.
- Farmers can still buy seeds with their old notes from outlets owned by the state.
- Last but not the least, you can use your old Rs.500 notes at crematoria or burial grounds.