How To Save Money During Wedding?
Weddings are regarded as one of the most expensive event in one’s life. Parents save a lot of their money, sacrificing many of their wishes just for the marriage of their son/daughter. There are even grandparents who save money for the marriage of their grandchildren. As you all know, Indian weddings are more or less big fat weddings. A lot of money is wasted just for the pomp and show in many of the weddings.
If we look at some of the celebrity weddings, we would come to know how much money they had spend lavishly on their weddings. Be it the venue, the outfit, ornaments, or even the cake, they spend a ransom of money.
But, there are certain people who really find it hard to meet the two ends. For them, it is very difficult to host a grand wedding party. In fact, even for the big fat wedding, you tend to miss many things which apparently land up in money loss! Be it for a big fat wedding or for a low key wedding, here are some tips on how to save money during a wedding.
- Make A Plan: It is always good to make a plan on what things you plan to arrange before you start. It will help you to include all the important factors needed for the function. Later you can erase unimportant ones from list. It will reduce your cost as well.
- Prepare A Budget: Prepare a budget before you start purchasing. This will help you to save a lot of money. Be it for the decoration, dresses, ornaments, gifts, or even for the invitation, it is safe to keep a budget and go accordingly so that you will not cross and ends up in debt!
- Avoid Too Much Pomp And Show: It is always good to make the wedding look simple. Avoid too much of pomp and show on the wedding décor. Thus you can save a lot of money.
- Minimal Ornaments: It will look good and neat if the bride wears minimal ornaments on her wedding.
- No Pre Party: It is wise to avoid pre party before the wedding. Invite all your friends for the wedding thus saving money.
- Buy Reasonable Gifts: When you purchase gifts, do not look at the price value but look for the quality. Go for gifts that are reasonable and useful.
- Minimal Decoration: Go for minimal decoration of your house and mantap on your wedding day, to make it look simple and neat.
- Close Invitees: It is good to invite only very close people to your wedding. It can reduce the rush as well as save money too.
- Prefer Low Key Wedding: If you really do not believe in great pomp and show, prefer to have a low key wedding. Get married in a registrar office or in a temple.
- Avoid Reception: If you want to save money, avoid hosting a grand reception post marriage. It can help you save a lot of money.
- Rent Your Wedding Dress: You can save a lot of money on your wedding dress. Prefer wearing a rented dress rather than spending too much of money on your outfit.
- Prefer Temple As Your Venue: Kalyan Mataps and a/c auditoriums will make you spend a lot of money. Instead, try to get married in a temple thus, saving a lot of money.
- Avoid Buffet: It is wise to avoid buffet during weddings and prefer to have the traditional lunch or dinner with an extra sweet dish.
- Avoid Professional Photographers: Avoid professional photographers for whom we should spend a ransom amount Instead, prefer clicks on your own cameras and mobile phones and create a simple wedding album.
These are some of the ways you can save money during a wedding. Share your thoughts on this topic in the comment box below.How To Save Money During Wedding? by Gayathry