Latest Launch Of Sony Xperia Z2 C770X
Japanese smartphone and electronics giant unveiled its latest high-end flagship Android smartphone, the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona earlier last week, along with Android-based Xperia Z2 tablet and the mid-range M2 smartphone for people who want to go easy on their pocket. Riding on the success of its latest phone in the market, the Xperia Z1 which has been a high-selling smartphone across the world due to its impressive performance and specs, comes along the swag and slimmer Xperia Z2 with its glass panels, which are encased in a single, solid aluminium frame with smoother edges.
The Xperia Z2 brings to you the best camera and camcorder in a waterproof smartphone which is also dust-proof and comes with a shock-proof design. The current smartphone market was abuzz with speculations about the new dynamism and features of Xperia Z2, newest addition to Sony’s premium Z series, and looks like it hit the nail right on the head with specs like 4K recording and Digital Noise cancelling technology and a more powerful processor inbuilt into its latest device. Let’s get down to some of its finer specs for the new age smartphone generation:
- Ultra HD 4K Video Recording and 20.7 megapixel Camera: The Xperia Z2’s most impressive feature is its ability to capture video at 4K UHD resolution due to four times the resolution of standard full high-definition video at 3840×2160, a feature not seen on previous Sony smartphones. Clearly, the gap between smartphone cameras and high-end DSLR are getting narrower. Xperia Z2 has a dazzling 5.2 inch display, a 20.7-megapixel rear camera and a 2.2 megapixel front camera which are slightly bigger than the Z1’s 5 inch display and 20-megapixel camera making it far more crisp, clear and detailed in comparison to its predecessor. It has a 1/2.3 inch CMOS camera sensor with autofocus enabled Sony G Lens and intelligent BIONZ dedicated image processor. Sony has added image stabilisation to the 20.7 megapixel camera that allows users to capture moving objects blur-free and promises the world’s first Live Colour LED display. The Z2 is also capable of integrating virtual reality scenes into videos complete with sound in real time, allowing fun video creations. Samsung’s Galaxy S5 on other hand has a 16MP camera and an autofocus speed of 0.3 secs with an advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode. The LG G Pro 2 has the lowest resolution camera at 13 megapixels with optical image stabilization, and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. However, like the other two smartphones, LG G Pro 2 is also able to record 4K video with stabilization and 120fps slow-motion footage in HD. Hence, if you are the one to make a purchase based on megapixels of a phone, then Xperia Z2 seems to fit the bill.
- Processor and memory: The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 801 chipset Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 processor, 3GB of RAM up from the Xperia Z1’s 2GB. With 32 GB of internal storage space which can be expanded further by an additional 64 GB using the in-built MicroSD card slot full, the phone is also equipped with various sensors such as accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, Gyroscope and magnetic field sensor.
- OS, Battery and Connectivity-The Xperia Z2 will run the latest version of Google’s android which is Kitkat version 4.4 along with Sony’s custom UI skin which is said to be very minimalistic unlike Samsung. kitkat will definitely be far more smoother and more functional than Jellybean. Samsung Galaxy S5 and The LG G Pro 2 also run on Android 4.4. It has connectivity features like 4G LTE and 3G connectivity, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, DLNA, NFC, microUSB, GPS. A 3.5 mm audio jack is available to connect the headphones and speakers and the MHL enabled MicroUSB port can connect to devices like LCD Televisions. Sony has also followed HTC’s lead by placing the smartphone’s speakers on the front of the device, either side of the screen, making watching videos with stereo sound a bit easier. The battery has been enlarged from 3,000mAh to 3,200mAh. Thus, it is expected to provide talk-time of 24 hours and promises up to 10 hours of multimedia use on a charge.It also comes with a Stamina Mode which saves power by switching off unnecessary features from the phone when it needs endurance.
- Screen & Design: Sony’s smartphones are distinctive in being water-resistant and dust-resistant with waterproof IP55 and IP58 certification. Like the Xperia Z1 and the Xperia Z, the Xperia Z2 can be dunked in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 metre. It is touted as the world’s slimmest (0.25 inches thick) and lightest (15 ounces) of the waterproof tablets on the market. It comes with a beautiful one-piece aluminium frame with glass panels and Sony’s proprietary Tri-Luminous technology which increases contrast and viewing angles. The design of the phone matches to the other flagship devices from Sony such as Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z Ultra and Sony Xperia Z1. It is available in 3 colours: black, white and purple.
- Noise Cancellation Technology: The new smartphone comes with stereo speakers and has digital noise cancelling technology built directly into the phone, meaning that by using the special bundled noise-cancelling headphones, users can block out up to 98% of ambient noise like the drone of a plane or train. Digital Noise Cancelling Technology works in tandem with its MDR NC31EM headset. Samsung while on other hand has a couple of new features in its S5 like a finger-print sensor and a heart-rate monitor under the camera module. The new S Health 3.0 in the Galaxy S5 provides a personal fitness tracker with tools such as pedometer, diet and exercise records and a new built-in heart rate monitor. The Sony Xperia Z2 unfortunately doesn’t have anything special for fitness freaks. Another interesting feature added by Sony’s competitors in the market, the LG G Pro 2 is a Knock Code feature which allows owners to power on and unlock their G Pro 2 smartphones in one easy step by tapping their screens using one of 86,367 knock combinations.
Price and Release Date in India: There’s still no word on price of Sony Xperia Z2 in India at launch, but it likely will feature a similar price tag to last year’s Xperia Z1. Price is going to be the most important factor for launch in Indian market, but since it is a premium Sony brand flagship model, the price is easily expected to be more than 45k. It is expected to make its foray in the Indian market in April, 2014.Get the Latest Sony Xperia Z2 - Price, Reviews And Features by CouponRani