Things To Know Before You Switch To Reliance Jio!
Finally, the much-awaited launch of Reliance Jio happened yesterday (September 5, 2016) and an uncontrollable crowd was seen to grab a Jio 4G sim!
Jio digital life promises to offer many advantages to the 1.2 million users whom they target. The salient features that make Jio Digital Life stand out from other biggies are:
- Jio promises the best 4G network with the lowest data rates globally
- LYF devices starting @ just Rs. 2,999/-
- You will get complimentary Jio Apps worth Rs. 15,000/-
- Offers instant Aadhaar card based activations
- You can enjoy free voice calls
- No complex telecom charges
- Offers simple 4G Tariff Plans
- Special discounts for students
- Enterprise-friendly solutions and plans
- India’s first ever platinum 4G service
Jio offers simple and affordable tariff plans that include the following features:
- No more Voice call charges for both Local & STD
- No more roaming charges in India
- No more high data rates for browsing
- No more high base rates and overages
- No more blackout days during festivals and special occasions.
So, if you are planning to switch your number to Jio, check out the must know factors on Jio and its scheme:
- Jio’s 4G service offers free voice-calling to customers, and claims to have the lowest data rates around the globe. It starts at Rs 50 per GB.
- Plans start from Rs 19 and with free voice-calling.
- INR 19, INR 129 or INR 299 vouchers can’t be used as a first re-charge by new customers.
- For starters, voice-calling is free, but video calls you make on the network will be debited via your data-calling pack. The plan starts from January 1, 2017.
- Free WiFi data benefit in prepaid and postpaid plans will work only through public WiFi hotspots of Jio.
- The data that is used between 2am and 5am is referred to as Unlimited at Night. Regular data pack will apply if you use beyond this.
- Subscription on the Jio apps is free as of now. But, if you use any data, these apps will be cut from your regular data pack applicable at the time.
- Jio apps won’t work on non-Jio Networks.
- Jio gives users 100 local and national SMS free per day in most of the prepaid plans.
- As a Jio customer, you need to maintain more than Rs 20 as balance and video/voice calls in order to continue retaining the number.
Lastly, if you are planning to switch to Jio, know what the prepaid voucher reads:
“The account validity will be automatically extended however the mobile connection will be deactivated if there is no voice/video call (outgoing or incoming) or an outgoing SMS or a data session (upload or download) or usage of Value Added Services, for a continuous period of 90 days and in case the main account balance is less than Rs 20 at the discretion of RJIL. Upon deactivation, all account balances will be forfeited and a grace period of 15 days will be provided within which the subscriber can retain the deactivated number by paying a fee of Rs 20. If the subscriber main account balance is Rs 20 or more, a number retention charge of Rs 20 will be automatically deducted and the non-usage period will be extended by 30 days.”Things To Know Before You Switch To Reliance Jio! by Gayathry